We are always on the go, so we like you to travel light. This is your definitive guide to learning about Egypt travel tips and important things to know about.
– Egypt Vacation Packages
– Egypt Budget Travel
– Customize Your Tour
– Cairo holiday Packages
There are luggage limits on aircraft and taxis also have limited space. Unlike western countries, porters are not always readily available. You’ll get some exercise carrying your bags. Smart casual is suggested, this guarantees and great photo opportunity.
Let’s get started by mentioning important Egypt travel tips you need to know about.
Arriving in Cairo: Visas
Payment in cash: Upon arrival, if you plan to purchase an entry visa you must pay in cash. You will have the option of paying with US Dollars (USD), using the British Pound (GBP), or in Euro’s (EUR).
The visa fee is as follows:
$25 or the equivalent to your currency.
You can use the currency converter to assess the daily rate.
Many nationalities including all Western European and Arab countries, USA, Australia, and New Zealand can obtain a one-month single entry visa on arrival at Cairo International airport or at the Egyptian land border.
On arrival, If you plan to purchase an entry visa you must pay in cash. You will have the option of paying with US Dollars (USD), the British Pound (GBP), or in Euro’s (EUR).
The visa fee is 25 USD or the equivalent to your currency.
EGYPT Baksheesh (Tips):
This custom is well known as ‘baksheesh‘ throughout the Middle East, tipping is very much a part of everyday life in Egypt and is more than just a reward, or a thank you for services rendered.
In a country where wages are extremely low, it is an essential means of supplementing income – this helps support families and provides extra care.
– Check “Baksheesh” Meaning on Wikipedia
This practice is not merely reserved for foreigners. Egyptians have to honor ‘Baksheesh’ as well – as an exchange for the convenience to park their cars, ensure fresh produce and pick up their mail, it is a form of security and convenience you could say.
If you are satisfied with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate and always appreciated. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels.
This is one of the most important Egyptian travel tips to know about.
(Egypt Travel Tips) The Essential Egypt Checklist:
Egypt has only two seasons.
During the year, throughout Egypt, days are commonly warm or hot, and nights are cool.
- Winter: a mild winter from November to April
- Hoit Summer: This is from May to October.
The notable variance in the seasons are variations in daytime temperatures and some changes in prevailing winds. In the coastal regions, temperatures range between:
- AVERAGE MINIMUM of 14 C in winter.
- AVERAGE MAXIMUM of 30 C in summer.
Temperatures vary widely in the inland desert areas, especially in summer, when they may range from 7 C at night to 43 C during the day. During winter, temperatures in the desert fluctuate less dramatically, but they can be as low as 0 C at night and as high as 18 C during the day.
In Cold Weather:
- Long-sleeved shirts or sweaters in wool.
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
Carrying your Documents in Egypt:
- Flight info (required) (+Printouts of e-tickets)
- Insurance info (required) (+photocopies)
- Passport (required) (+photocopies)
- Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (+photocopies)
- Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
- Long pants/jeans
- Money-belt or zip style wallet
- Shirts and t-shirts ( both long and short-sleeved and please ensure that there are no offensive statements or visible prints that may offend in Sacred settings )
Essentials for Daily Comfort :
- Personal entertainment (Reading, writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
- A small First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream,
- Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
- Camera, these days most smartphones take great images and capture HD high-resolution videos (With extra memory cards and batteries)
- Cash in the UNITED STATES $, Credit and Debit cards, and a contact in case you need to use the WESTERN UNION money transfer system
- Daytime backpack (Used for daily excursions or short overnight stays)
- Foam style Earplugs and several disposable pairs are recommended
- Jumper / Anorak Fleece sweater
- Comfortable Footwear and spare socks
- Hat or sun visor that protects you from the sun or the cold
- Locks for bags
- Outlet adapter – with multiple functions
- Reusable water bottle
- Sleepwear – loose and comfortable
- A few Small travel towels, easy to carry on a day trip
- Good Sunglasses which assist with the glare & Spare Contact lenses and Spectacles
- Toiletries in a travel pack (Preferably biodegradable)
- Watch and alarm clock – Digital is good
- Waterproof backpack cover
- A windproof rain jacket that has a hood attached
During Warm Weather:
- Sunblock to protect your skin if you are prone to burning
- Sandals and a pair of alternative rubber-soled slip-on shoes
- Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
- Sun hat/bandanna
- Please note that it is highly recommended to bring warmer layers for your overnight on the felucca during the winter months (Nov-Feb).
Egypt Travel Tips:
Thanks for reading the post. We wanted to make sure that you get all your inquiries cleared before booking your tour with us. Are you geared up for your next adventure yet?
I would love to hear back from you. Please feel free to contact us shall you require any further assistance.