Temperature in Egypt in March
In Egypt, March transitions from winter to spring, and temperatures generally start to rise. Here are average temperature ranges for key regions in Egypt during March:
|14 mm (0.6 in)
|Cairo (and Giza)
|4 mm (0.2 in)
|1 mm (0.0 in)
|1 mm (0.0 in)
What to Wear in Egypt in March
In March, Egypt experiences mild to warm temperatures, making it a comfortable time to explore the country. However, it’s essential to consider the conservative cultural norms, especially in more traditional areas. Here are some clothing recommendations for your visit to Egypt in March:
Light and Breathable Clothing: Choose lightweight and breathable fabrics such as cotton or linen to stay cool in the daytime heat.
Long-Sleeve Shirts and Tops: Long sleeves can help protect your skin from the strong sun, especially if you plan to visit archaeological sites.
Long Pants or Skirts: Opt for long pants or skirts to respect local customs, particularly in more conservative areas and when visiting religious sites.
Modest Dresses and Outfits for Women: Women may wear dresses or long skirts with tops that cover the shoulders. Avoid overly tight or revealing clothing.
Sunglasses and Sun Hat: Wear sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat to protect yourself from the sun.
Comfortable Walking Shoes: Comfortable and breathable shoes are essential, especially if you plan to explore historical sites and walk a lot.
Swimwear for Resorts: If you’re heading to resorts on the Red Sea, bring swimwear for water activities and beach outings.
A Light Jacket or Sweater for Evenings: While daytime temperatures are warm, evenings can be cooler, so bringing a light jacket or sweater is advisable.
Sunscreen and Insect Repellent: Apply sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from the sun. Insect repellent can also be useful, especially in more rural or outdoor areas.
Respectful Attire for Religious Sites: Wear modest clothing to visit mosques or other religious sites. Women may need to cover their hair and shoulders, and both men and women should avoid shorts.
Best Places To Stay In Egypt In March
Egypt offers various accommodation options, from luxury resorts to budget-friendly hotels. The best place to stay in Egypt depends on your interests, preferred activities, and desired experience. Here are some recommendations for places to stay in Egypt in March:
- Luxury: The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, The Ritz-Carlton Cairo, and Kempinski Nile Hotel offer upscale accommodations with views of the Nile River.
- Mid-Range: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa and Steigenberger Hotel El Tahrir provide a comfortable stay with convenient access to major attractions.
- Budget: Hotels like City View Hotel and Wake Up! Cairo Hostel offer affordable options for budget travelers.
- Luxury: Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor and Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa provide luxurious accommodations with views of the Nile.
- Mid-Range: Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor and Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor offer comfortable stays near historical sites.
- Budget: Iberotel Luxor and Nefertiti Hotel Luxor provide budget-friendly options.
- Luxury: Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan is a historic and luxurious hotel on the banks of the Nile.
- Mid-Range: Helnan Aswan Hotel and Basma Hotel Aswan offer comfortable stays with scenic views.
- Budget: Keylany Hotel and Nuba Nile Hotel provide affordable options.
4- Hurghada (Red Sea Resort)
- Luxury: Steigenberger Aldau Beach Hotel and Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay offer luxury beachfront accommodations.
- Mid-Range: Sindbad Club Beach Resort and Titanic Palace Hurghada provide mid-range options.
- Budget: Bella Vista Resort Hurghada and Triton Empire Beach Resort offer budget-friendly stays.
5- Sharm El Sheikh (Red Sea Resort)
- Luxury: Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh and Rixos Sharm El Sheikh provide luxurious beachfront experiences.
- Mid-Range: Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Xperience Sea Breeze Resort offer mid-range accommodations.
- Budget: Sharm Holiday Resort and Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino provide budget-friendly options.
- Luxury: Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano offers upscale accommodations with stunning sea views.
- Mid-Range: Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and Steigenberger Cecil Hotel provide comfortable stays.
- Budget: Alexander the Great Hotel and Paradise Inn Windsor Palace Hotel offer budget-friendly options.